292 Te Ngae Road,
Our Agricultural Technician Apprenticeship Program
What we offer
The ATAP provides the opportunity to gain a qualification and 'earn while you learn'.
- A National Certificate in Automotive Heavy Engineering
- The opportunity to 'earn while you learn'
- The chance to work with advanced technology machines
- A supportive environment with assigned mentors
- World class training, delivered in New Zealand and Australia, and internationally
- An opportunity to Grow With Us
Who you are
Candidates for ATAP must have achieved satisfactory results for NCEA Maths, English and Physics and have a passion for machinery and agriculture.
Additionally, they must have completed a Level 2 Pre-Employment Entry Level Automotive Skills course, or, in some approved circumstances, study for this course while working on a part-time basis within a CLAAS Harvest Centre.
We are seeking talented and motivated individuals, to take the apprenticeship journey.
We are looking for people who are customer focussed, who are willing to learn and succeed and who lead by example. People who deliver with pride, passion and promise.
If this sounds like you, then take the next step on your journey with us and enquire about ATAP today.
Complete the program pre-requisites
- Achieve satisfactory NCEA Results
- Complete a Level 2 Pre-Employment Entry Level Automotive Skills Course
Join the journey
- Sign up to the ATAP to achieve the National Certificate in Motor Industry (Automotive Heavy Engineering) with strands in Agricultural Equipment.
- Complete the 48 month ATAP and gain trade certification while learning on the job and undertaking world class training on premier machinery.
Craig Dixon - Technical Support Specialist
Landpower, franchiser for the CLAAS Harvest Centre network
In 2015, I joined Landpower as a Technical Service Specialist for CLAAS Tractors & SCORPION Telehandlers. As a technician, my experience of dealing with the Landpower technical support team had always been positive and it has always been a professional ambition of mine to use my technical knowledge and expertise, to help others be better at what they do. Landpower and the CLAAS Harvest Centre dealer network gave me the opportunity to progress my career and to do something that I am very passionate about every day. I always encourage others to consider the challenges and opportunities that a career in the agriculture sector can bring as you never know where it will take you.