Job Type: Full-time
Job Status: Sourcing
Company: CLAAS Harvest Centre Ashburton
CLAAS Harvest Centre Canterbury in conjunction with Carrfields Machinery sells and services new and used agricultural machinery including world leading brands like CLAAS, JCB, AMAZONE, MacDon, Novag & Coolamon throughout New Zealand and Australia.
Our busy Ashburton dealership is seeking an experienced service technician / diesel mechanic who is looking to take the first step off the workshop floor on a journey to Management. Understanding farmers and contractors needs while accessing time frames for repairs and issuing job instructions will be a vital ingredient for this important role.
Reporting to the Service Manager and supported by the Service Administrator and enthusiastic service team you will primarily be responsible for providing outstanding customer service and ensuring that customer needs are met in a timely manner.
- Receiving customer calls and logging jobs
- Scheduling of jobs for the service staff
- Writing up service jobs and ensuring parts and outwork are allocated
- Scheduling and facilitating daily service stand up meetings (Training Provided)
- Effectively communicating both externally and internally
- Training and assisting apprentices when and if required
Key Skills required for this role include:
- Qualifications or experience in agricultural repairs
- A “team” attitude to everything you do
- The ability to take on responsibility and be accountable
- Excellent communication skills
- The want to learn and grow
- A clean Class 1 driver’s Licence
What we offer:
- A competitive remuneration rate
- Ongoing training and personal development opportunities
- Great working environment with a well organised workshop
- Fully paid life and income protection insurance
Being part of our family-owned agricultural group, you can experience many opportunities for personal and professional development, and you will be encouraged to gain additional skills and knowledge to ensure a satisfying career within New Zealand's leading industry.
How to Apply
Ready to Apply
Apply today with your cover letter and CV. You must be eligible to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for these positions. Our pre-employment process is to carry out a Medical, Drug test and Criminal Conviction history check.
If you have any questions about this listing, please email our CLAAS Harvest Centre HR representatives.
Back to all Jobs