With incredible manoeuvrability, a potent and efficient JCB Diesel by Kohler engine, unparalleled resale value and superior build quality, a 516-40 AGRI compact Loadall is both a great investment and a class-leading performer.
JCB LOADALL 516-40 AGRI
The smallest Agri Loadall in the range, the JCB 516-40 Agri is also one of the most innovative telehandlers in the world. Put simply, it’s a skid steer, wheeled loading shovel and forklift all in one compact telescopic handler package
This small Agricultural telescopic handler achieves its extraordinary versatility because of JCB’s revolutionary offset single-spine chassis. Core strength is under the boom and the chassis wraps around the cab, meaning the 516-40 Agri Loadall cab can be mounted lower than normal. That means the whole machine sits lower (1.8m) for improved manoeuvrability and easier, safer cab access. Crucially, we haven’t had to reduce cab size or performance to achieve these benefits.
- The 516-40 AGRI telehandler’s single-lever joystick controls with proportional auxiliaries are quick and easy to use, offering precise control. The auxiliary service has an adjustable constant flow, allowing operators to programme their desired flow rate for operating attachments.
- Visibility is excellent for such a compact telescopic handler; there’s a large roof screen and optional front and rear work lights. Control switches are ergonomically laid-out and backlit for easy recognition and good visibility at night.
- Standard-fit tinted cab glass reflects 30% of the sun’s energy for increased operator comfort.
- During operation, the upper portion of this telehandler’s stable-style door can be folded back to allow increased airflow into the cab.
- There’s a choice of seating options to tailor your JCB 516-40 AGRI Loadall to operator requirements in different applications. Operators can work to their choice of soundtrack with our optional-fit radio speaker.
- The JCB 516-40 AGRI telehandler’s compact wheelbase, tight steering lock angles, 1800mm height, 1560mm width, versatile hydrostatic transmission and permanent 4-wheel steering help to ensure a compact turning circle for excellent manoeuvrability.
- The Tier 3-compliant JCB Diesel by Kohler engine in this compact telehandler produces 130Nm of torque at just 1600 rpm. There’s also a transmission dump on the foot brake for superb multi-functioning and increased power when loading or rehandling.
- Vari-speed transmission allows operators to pre-set a specific forward speed independently of the 516-40 AGRI’s engine speed: perfect for operating hydraulic motorised attachments. And, with a single auxiliary service, you can operate attachments that require hydraulic power.
- Choose from two quickhitch options for your telescopic handler: JCB Compact Toolcarrier or skid-steer, available in either manual or hydraulic pin locking.
- For ultimate traction in soft muddy areas, we’ve equipped the 516-40 AGRI with four-wheel-drive as standard, while a wide range of tyres helps you to work in many different environments. A joystick-mounted shuttle switch offers fast and easy directional control.
- You can raise 1600kg throughout the lift arc of the boom, up to the full height of 4m. There’s also a 1000kg lift capacity at 2m forward reach, making it easy and safe to load or unload trailers of bales.
- Narrow (and therefore highly manoeuvrable) chassis
- 4-wheel steer for excellent manoeuvrability
- Superb visibility
- Transmission disconnect on the brake pedal diverts engine power for improved hydraulic cycle times
- Parallel lift gives excellent load retention
- Fuel-efficient matching of the transmission and hydraulics is ensured because the 516-40 AGRI telehandler’s JCB Diesel by Kohler engine produces high levels of torque at engine speeds as low as 1600rpm.
- JCB Loadalls have a well-earned reputation for delivering reliable performance with minimum downtime.
- Steering rams on the 516-40 AGRI Loadall are located high on the axle out of harm’s way. You can also choose optional front screen guard for added protection from falling debris.
- When you buy a JCB Loadall, you buy a machine that's sought after around the world for its legendary productivity and build quality. This level of demand keeps residuals correspondingly high.
- Resale values are helped by our continued use of innovative design and build. For example, the JCB 516-40 AGRI has a patented offset single-spine chassis; the cab sits low in the chassis, keeping machine height down without compromising on comfort.