What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you. We may collect and hold the following types of personal information about customers, suppliers, business contacts, service contractors, individuals applying to join our CLAAS Harvest Centre franchise or to distribute our product lines, people seeking employment with us, and other individuals with whom we deal, where applicable:
• your name, date of birth and your contact details including mailing address, delivery address, email address, phone number and facsimile number
• your purchase history, location and product preferences
• your payment and billing information
• information you provide to us in customer surveys and at promotional events such as Field Days or Dealer Open Days or Demonstration Days, and
• your employment history and qualifications (if you apply to become our employee or contractor).
We may also collect your credit information if you have or your organisation has applied for credit with us. This will include information about your financial circumstances and details about your credit worthiness (which may include other credit you have applied for, information about your repayment history, and whether you have had overdue payments or defaults).
How is your information collected?
We usually collect the above information directly from you unless it would be impracticable or unreasonable to do so. Your personal information is collected when you place an order for and purchase our products, apply for a retail charge account with us, seek warranty services (such as service or parts support), make an employment application with us, enquire about our products or services (including CLAAS Financial Services) or otherwise deal with us (whether in person, through our customer helpdesks, on social media or via our websites, including but not limited to www.landpower.com.au, www.claasharvestcentre.com.au) or any CLAAS Harvest Centre subsite.
• your employer (if your employer is our customer, supplier, dealer or business contact)
• your creditors (if we believe that you have entered into a third party creditor arrangement that will affect your ability to repay us)
• your insurers (if we have supplied you with goods which you are obliged to insure)
• your professional advisers, financial institution, storage service providers (if we enforce our contractual rights to recover any amounts that you owe to us, or any goods provided to you under contract)
• recruitment services
• credit reporting bodies
• a publicly available source (such as the National Personal Insolvency Index), and
• other third parties when permitted by law.
What are the purposes for handling your personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information (including, where appropriate, credit information) for the following purposes, as applicable:
• to process your orders, carry out transactions and deliver products and services to you
• to provide you with services covered under warranty such as service or parts support
• to assess your application for commercial credit (if you apply for a retail charge account with us)
• to refer you to CLAAS Financial Services finance program through a CLAAS Harvest Centre
• to ensure that you or your organisation is complying with obligations under our credit contract and to collect any overdue payments
• to provide our dealers with information and training services
• for market research, product development and quality assurance
• unless you ask us not to, to send you information about our products, services or special offers which we think you may find interesting (including information about third parties)
• to assess your application to become employed with us or to become a franchisee or to distribute our product lines
• to otherwise manage our business
• for purposes disclosed to you and to which you have consented
• for purposes that you would otherwise reasonably expect, and
• for any other purpose required or permitted by law.
Who do we disclose your information to?
• our manufacturers and suppliers
• our related companies, franchisees and business associates
• other credit providers (if, in connection with a purchase, you apply for finance with CLAAS Financial Services)
• other service providers (such as carriers, data storage providers, IT service providers, recruiters and mailing houses)
• our professional advisers (including our lawyers, accountants and auditors),
• your employees, agents and representatives
• your trade or employer referees
• potential purchasers and their advisers (in the event of a sale or other disposal of our business, including of any CLAAS Harvest Centre franchisee), and
• government and regulatory authorities, and other parties where required or permitted by law.
We do not disclose your credit information to credit reporting bodies, except as necessary to obtain a credit report.
We may disclose your personal information overseas. When you make a purchase from a CLAAS Harvest Centre, your personal information is usually passed on to Landpower to be shared with our suppliers in Germany, France, Canada etc. for warranty registration purposes. We seek to ensure that, where appropriate, the organisations we disclose your information to (including those located outside of Australia) are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your personal information.
Security of your personal information
We hold personal information in both paper-based and electronic forms. We use safeguards such as controlled premises, secured electronic databases and internet firewalls to prevent unauthorised access or disclosures of the personal information we hold. Our employees, contractors and agents are bound by internal information security policies and are required to undergo training about information security.
What are cookies?
Our websites use "cookies", which are pieces of data stored on your hard drive containing details about your use of our websites. Use of a cookie does not provide us with information about you that can be used to identify you, other than information that you have chosen to share with us. Rather, they anonymously track usage of our website, so that we can enhance users' experiences of our website. The data is removed from our system after it is used in this way. You may change the settings on your browser to reject cookies, however doing so will prevent you from access to the secured pages of our website.
We also use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer our website, track user movements on our website, and gather broad demographic data for aggregate use, which we may share with our partners and advertisers. IP addresses are not linked to any information that could be reasonably used to identify you.
Access to personal information
You have a right to request access and seek correction of your personal information (including credit information). If you wish to access, correct or update any such information, please contact our Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below. We will respond to your request within 30 days. In some instances we may refuse a request, however we will notify you in writing if such a decision is made. We may recover reasonable costs of retrieving information.
We deal with credit reporting bodies Veda Advantage (www.veda.com.au) and Dun and Bradstreet (www.dnb.com.au). You can contact these credit reporting bodies directly to obtain access to your credit information, request that they not use your credit information for pre-screening in relation to direct marketing, and to ask them not to disclose your credit information to anyone if you think there is a risk of fraud or identity theft.
Questions and complaints
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact our Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below. We treat all issues and concerns about our privacy practices seriously and will respond promptly. You may also direct your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 1300 363 992.
Landpower Australia Head Office
31-33 Marshall Court
Altona VIC 3018
Phone: + 61 3 9369 1188
Personal Information Collection Statement
Landpower Australia Pty Ltd and the members of the CLAAS Harvest Centre dealer network ("we", "us", "our") collect personal information to carry out business transactions and deliver our products and services (including services covered under warranty), assess applications for credit, collect overdue payments, assess employment applications, provide information and training services, conduct market research, product development and quality assurance, and to otherwise manage our business.
We collect personal information directly from you unless it would be impracticable or unreasonable to do so. We occasionally may collect information from third parties, including from your employer (if your employer is our customer or business contact) and other third parties when permitted by law.
You may refuse to provide us with some or all of your personal information however we may not be able to provide you with our services or otherwise interact with you.
We may disclose your personal information to other entities that are affiliated with us, as well as third parties that provide goods or services to us or our affiliates. These parties include our suppliers, providers of online classified advertisements for used farm machinery, data storage facilities, IT service providers, recruiters, professional advisers, and government and regulatory authorities. We may disclose your personal information overseas to Germany, France and Canada for the purpose of warranty registration.
We may use personal information to provide you with information about products and services (including those of third parties) which we consider may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving this information at any time by contacting us using the details set out below, or by following the instructions contained in our marketing communications.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints, please contact the Privacy Officer at Landpower Australia Head Office on + 61 3 9369 1188 or email@example.com.